A launchpad for success in your journey ahead
We believe the process of applying for college is one of positive self-discovery. We help you assess your individual abilities, talents, interests and aspirations, and then we provide the knowledge, guidance and support for you to identify and seek college admission.
Each year, 100 percent of Western Reserve Academy graduates gain acceptance into top colleges and universities that are carefully matched with their skills and ambitions. Our College Counseling Office works closely with you, as well as your parents, to help you navigate the application process and achieve your goals.
WRA has long been a recognized leader in student advocacy in the college process, a fact highlighted by our unique committee-written letters of recommendation, emphasizing your personal strengths, accomplishments and development during your time at Reserve.
Distinctive college counseling offerings
- Four college counselors who maintain a strong rapport with admission officers across the country, and get to know you personally, providing a counselor-to-student ratio significantly lower than other schools
- Every WRA student can access an online, self-paced test prep program at no additional cost beginning junior year
- All juniors are enrolled in a semester long college counseling course
- College admission representatives visit WRA every fall for information sessions with our students; these visits took place on campus and virtually during the 2022-23 academic year
- Students are assigned a personal college counselor for individualized support throughout their college application process
- Application help sessions with college counselors and admission representatives from various colleges
- All WRA families are given access to a web-based service designed especially for students and parents that you can use to help in making decisions about college