A launchpad for success in your journey aheadWe believe the process of applying for college is one of positive self-discovery. We help you assess your individual abilities, talents, interests and aspirations, and then we provide the knowledge, guidance and support for you to identify and seek college admission.
Each year, 100 percent of Western Reserve Academy graduates gain acceptance into top colleges and universities that are carefully matched with their skills and ambitions. Our College Counseling Office works closely with you, as well as your parents, to help you navigate the application process and achieve your goals.
WRA has long been a recognized leader in student advocacy in the college process, a fact highlighted by our unique committee-written letters of recommendation, emphasizing your personal strengths, accomplishments and development during your time at Reserve.
Distinctive college counseling offerings
- Four college counselors who maintain a strong rapport with admission officers across the country, and get to know you personally, providing a counselor-to-student ratio significantly lower than other schools
- Every WRA student can access an online, self-paced test prep program at no additional cost beginning junior year
- All juniors are enrolled in a semester long college counseling course
- More than 100 colleges and universities visit WRA every fall for information sessions with students; these visits will happen on campus and virtually during the 2021-22 academic year
- Students are assigned a personal college counselor for individualized support throughout their college application process
- Application help sessions with college counselors and admission representatives from various colleges
- All WRA families are given access to a web-based service designed especially for students and parents that you can use to help in making decisions about college
The 126 members of the Class of 2022 gained acceptances at 228 different colleges and universities in the United States and abroad. Read more about our Promise to Pioneers, the paths of recent graduates and alumni and the academic and community backdrop at Reserve that helps students soar in college and life.
Calling all parents, students and college counselors! You're invited to Reserve Your Future, a special College Counseling webinar series from Western Reserve Academy tackling topics and themes related to the college admission process.
Catch Up On Our Previous Webinars
Watch "The Class of 2023 Junior College Counseling Kick Off"
Our second webinar took place on Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021 at 7 p.m., featuring Andrew Strickler, Dean of Admission and Financial Aid at Connecticut College as our keynote speaker for this event.
Watch "The Current Landscape of College Admission"
Our first webinar took place on Wednesday, Oct. 27, at 7:30 p.m., featuring the following panelists: Veronica Hauad, Deputy Director of Admissions/Deputy Director for Access, Affordability, and Inclusion, University of Chicago; Darryl Uy, Director of Admission, Bates College; and Juan Espinoza, Associate Vice Provost for Enrollment Management, Director of Undergraduate Admission, Virginia Tech.