A launchpad for success in your journey ahead
We believe the process of applying for college is one of positive self-discovery. We help you assess your individual abilities, talents, interests and aspirations, and then we provide the knowledge, guidance and support for you to identify and seek college admission.
Each year, 100 percent of Western Reserve Academy graduates gain acceptance into top colleges and universities that are carefully matched with their skills and ambitions. Our College Counseling Office works closely with you, as well as your parents, to help you navigate the application process and achieve your goals.
Today's colleges and universities want to see more than stellar test scores and GPAs. They seek students who have overcome challenges, pursued passions and explored all the great places their intellectual curiosity can take them. Our office is highly connected and motivated, and our individualized approach helps our students find great matches for their next great pursuits.
- Gunnar W. Olson, Director of College Counseling
WRA has long been a recognized leader in student advocacy in the college process, a fact highlighted by our unique committee-written letters of recommendation, emphasizing your personal strengths, accomplishments and development during your time at Reserve.
Distinctive college counseling offerings
- Three full-time counselors who maintain a strong rapport with college admission officers across the country, and get to know you personally, providing a counselor-to-student ratio significantly lower than other schools
- More than 100 colleges and universities visit WRA every fall for information sessions with students
- In your sophomore year, you are assigned a personal college counselor for individualized support throughout your college application process
- Students have access to free SAT and ACT test preparation beginning their freshman year
- Application help nights with admission representatives from various colleges
- Annual college tours and opportunities throughout our curriculum and programs for immersive experiences at the best schools in the U.S.
- All WRA families are given access to a web-based service designed especially for students and parents that you can use to help in making decisions about college
- View our 2016-17 School Profile
The 102 members of the Class of 2016 gained acceptances at 212 different colleges and universities in the United States, Canada and abroad. View our Classes of 2012–16 matriculation.