The Post Graduate Year at WRA
WRA's post graduate (PG) program can help foster academic, social, emotional and co-curricular growth while developing skills required to function at a high level in a boarding community and life. Our individualized program offers support to each PG student, focusing on their personal development goals. WRA is proud to partner with the U.S. Naval Foundation, the ESU (English Speaking Union), and Thai Scholars in placing post graduates at Reserve.
In an effort to make a Western Reserve Academy post-graduate experience possible for talented and motivated students, generous need-based financial aid is available, with the potential of covering up to 75% of the cost of tuition.
All PG's are required to take seven courses:
- PG Experience*
- Learn to College
- One elective course
- Four core courses tailored to the individual goals of the student, no repeat courses are allowed
*The PG Experience course is designed with a focus on leadership development, goal setting, recruitment or college guidance, being part of a community, good decision making and much more.
- WRA is an independent school and does not compete in the Ohio High School State Association. Transfer students are immediately eligible for full participation in practices and contests regardless of any state association rules.
- A PG year cannot make up for a poor high school transcript, but it can help better prepare students for the academic and athletic college experience and extend the opportunity for recruitment.
- PG athletes are required to register with the NCAA Eligibility Center and be aware of any NCAA eligibility issues.
- In an effort to make a WRA post graduate experience possible for talented and motivated students, generous need-based financial aid is available, with the potential of covering up to 75% of the cost of tuition.
- Learn more about tuition and financial aid here.
- WRA has three full-time college counselors. Once you have enrolled, you will be assigned to a college counselor and begin navigating through your individualized college search.
- WRA will help develop a course schedule that will meet specific requirements and help to maintain four years of NCAA eligibility.
- The WRA PG program provides leadership and character development skills to prepare students for positive impacts at WRA, college, careers and in life.
- Our post graduate year provides a living and learning experience. All PG's are required to live on campus. This is a critical step in the college transition process and managing independence.
- PGs are welcome to have a car on campus, but must follow proper sign in and sign out procedures as directed by the Student Life Office.
Contact Us to start your postgraduate journey