A year concludes and bright futures begin
Western Reserve Academy hosted its 184th Commencement on Sunday, May 26, 2019. The unpredictable Ohio weather forced the celebration into the Murdough Athletic Center, but the gray skies did not damper the celebratory mood. Congratulations to our Class of 2019 and their proud families.
Another memorable moment in the celebration was when the Co-Presidents of the WRA Board of Trustees, Timothy R. Warner '69 and Andrew R. Midler '79, made a special presentation. Associate Head of School Kate Mueller was awarded an honorary diploma and welcomed officially as a member of the Class of 2019. After sixteen years of impassioned service to the school, Mueller moves on to the McDonogh School in Baltimore for the 2019-20 school year and will be dearly missed.
See a list of awards bestowed during Commencement and at the annual tradition of Senior Celebration, which took place on Saturday in the Chapel.
- University of Akron President Matthew J. Wilson selected as the 2018 Commencement Speaker
- Seniors Francisco Blanco and Charlie Kolodziej to speak at Commencement Weekend
- Western Reserve Academy holds 183rd Commencement
- Western Reserve Academy graduates 101 seniors
Commencement 2018 Photo Slideshow
Senior Celebration Photo Slideshow
Class of 2018 Facts
- 100 percent of 101 graduates will matriculate to four-year colleges and universities
- 80 percent of graduates accepted to institutions deemed "Most Selective" or "Highly Selective" by Barron's
- 6 graduates will attend Ivy League schools
- 10 graduates will attend an international school
- $7.6 million in merit scholarships received
- View the full 2018 matriculation and accomplishments list here
- Head of School Commencement Address
- Jude Kearney '76 announced as the 2017 Commencement Speaker — read the full article.
- Seniors Danny Mylott and Joey Randazzo are this year's Commencement Weekend speakers — read the full article.
- Western Reserve Academy graduates the Class of 2017 — read the full article.