We are here to guide you each step of the way.
Considering where you will spend your high school years is a big decision. We think the best part of the process is meeting you and your family. We want to make your experience personal. Our Admission Office provides support on every step of your WRA journey, from the application process to the millions of dollars in financial aid we provide to families each year.
The Application Process
Visiting campus will allow you to see what life at WRA is all about. Meet students, tour our beautiful 190-acre campus, catch Morning Meeting, go to class and ask tons of questions. We want to get to know you and give you the opportunity to get to know us!
Plan on spending at least two hours with us. This allows time for the campus tour and interview, but we’d love to have you for longer! We’re happy to customize the experience based on your academic and extracurricular interests. Hop to our Visit page to learn more or schedule today by contacting Ms. Head at email@example.com or 330-650-9717.
We understand that not everyone can make it to campus. We’re happy to arrange a Skype interview with you so we can learn about each other or you can check our travel calendar — we may be coming to a town near you! Please note that an interview is required as part of the application process.
Applicants for grades 9 and 10 require the SSAT (WRA school code: 8110)
The SSAT will be administered on our campus on: Oct. 14, Nov. 11, Dec. 9, Jan. 6, Feb. 10 and March 3. Please register through SSAT. We will also accept the ISEE.
Applicants for grades 11, 12 and post graduates require the PSAT, SAT or ACT.
The Toefl is required for non-native English Speakers. The Toefl will be waived if the student has been in an English speaking school for 2+ years. (Toefl test code: 8115)
In addition to an interview and the written parts of our application, we require the submission of your transcripts, a recommendation from your school Principal or counselor, and recommendations from your current English and math teachers. The above applications will walk you through these steps. Please contact our office if you ever have questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-650-9717.
If you are applying for Financial Aid, please review our Tuition and Financial page for instructions and deadlines.Application Fees:
- $75 domestic students, $175 international students
- Your application must be completed and the application fee received before scheduling an interview. You may submit a Gateway to Prep Schools Application or apply through SSAT.
- Test Requirements: TOEFL (minimum score: 100) & SSAT (TOEFL Jr., IELTS, and SLEP tests are not accepted)
- All international applicants must submit a copy of their passport with the application.
Additional Instructions for applicants from mainland China:
- All Chinese applicants are required to have an in-person interview. Applicants and their families should contact WRA's Shanghai Admission Representative Ms. Jessie Chen, at email@example.com.
- You must start the online application and pay the application fee before scheduling an interview with Ms. Chen.
- Click here to schedule an interview in China.
- For additional questions, please view this FAQ from Ms. Chen.
December 8, 2017 — day student applications due
December 8, 2017 — all required Financial Aid paperwork due for day applicants
January 5, 2018 — day student decisions released
January 15, 2018 — day student Revisit Day
February 15, 2018 — all required Financial Aid paperwork due for boarding applicants
February 15, 2018 — boarding student applications due
March 9 , 2018 — boarding student decisions released
April 6, 2018 — Revisit Day
Applications submitted after Feb. 15, 2018 will be considered but may not receive a decision on March 9.
We understand students are often applying to schools with varied admission deadlines. The admission committee, in some cases, can give applicants an "early read." Applicants and their families can request an early read by contacting Dan Morrissey, Dean of Admission & Financial Aid, at firstname.lastname@example.org.