The Application Process
Thank you for your interest in Western Reserve Academy! We're thrilled to get to know you throughout the application process. Please know that we are always an email or phone call away to answer questions and provide any kind of assistance.
The WRA Admission Office is still reviewing applications for the 2019-2020 academic year. Please contact our office so an admission counselor can best guide you through the application process. We'll review applications on a rolling basis as long as space allows.
Visiting campus will allow you to see what life at WRA is all about. Meet students, tour our beautiful 190-acre campus, catch Morning Meeting, go to class and ask tons of questions. We want to get to know you and give you the opportunity to get to know us!
Plan on spending at least two hours with us. This allows time for the campus tour and interview, but we’d love to have you for longer! We’re happy to customize the experience based on your academic and extracurricular interests. Hop to our Visit page to learn more or schedule today by contacting Ms. Head at email@example.com or 330-650-9717.
We understand that not everyone can make it to campus. We’re happy to arrange a Skype interview with you so we can learn about each other or you can check our travel calendar — we may be coming to a town near you! Please note that an interview is required as part of the application process.
Please refer to this chart to see which test is appropriate for you, only one is required:
Western Reserve Academy currently has no upcoming SSAT test dates scheduled, however, you may contact us to arrange an SSAT flex test. Learn more about flex tests or to find other testing locations at SSAT.org (WRA school code: 8110). We also accept the ISEE (our ISEE school code: 362655). Information about the ISEE test dates and locations can be found here.
The Toefl is required for non-native English Speakers. The Toefl will be waived if the student has been in an English speaking school for 3+ years. (Toefl test code: 8115)
- WRA Application
- Standard Application Online (The SAO through SSAT.org, WRA school code is 8110)
- Gateway to Prep Schools Application
In addition to an interview and the written parts of our application, we require the submission of your transcripts, a recommendation from your school Principal or counselor, and recommendations from your current English and math teachers. The above applications will walk you through these steps. Please contact our office if you ever have questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-650-9717.
If you are applying for Financial Aid, please review our Tuition and Affording WRA page for instructions and deadlines.Application Fees:
- $75 domestic students, $175 international students
- We'd love for you to visit campus, if you are unable, please arrange a Skype interview at email@example.com. An interview is a required part of the application.
- You may apply through the Standard Application Online or Gateway to Prep Schools Application.
- Test Requirements: TOEFL & SSAT (TOEFL Jr., IELTS, and SLEP tests are not accepted)
- All international applicants must submit a copy of their passport with the application.
For applicants from Greater China:
- All applicants from Greater China (including Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan) are required to have an in-person interview. Applicants and their families should contact WRA's Shanghai Admission Representative Ms. Jessie Chen, at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can schedule your interview here.
- Please start the online application and pay the application fee before scheduling an interview with Ms. Chen.
- Please review this document that has further Instructions and FAQs for applicants from China.
December 7, 2018 — day student applications and Financial Aid paperwork due
January 18, 2019 — day student decisions released
February 18, 2019 — day student Revisit Day
February 15, 2019 — boarding student applications and Financial Aid paperwork due
March 8 , 2019 — boarding student decisions released
April 1, 2019 — Revisit Day
Should you miss any application deadlines, you are encouraged to contact the Admission Office about space and financial aid availability.