During the Christmas break, I talked thoroughly with my father about my project.
Chart your course
Our Compass course lets students connect with the world beyond the WRA classroom by cultivating their unique interests and talents and applying them to a real-world setting. Over the course of the academic year, enrolled students develop skills in the areas of project design, collaboration, scheduling and implementation, budgeting, proposal development, making a pitch, leadership and resilience, process reflection, professionalism, marketing, research, interviewing, presentation and so much more.
This is what school will be like in the future. I am passionate about teaching how to learn, and every day I get to work with a group of incredible interested students on different project with different goals.
- Dr. Ralf Borrmann, Compass Coordinator, WRA Faculty
Watch to learn about Paul's '17 Compass project
Watch to learn about Shuni's '16 Compass project
Recent Compass projects included:
- Creating an art exhibit to demonstrate how art and poetry celebrate diversity
- Developing a virtual business incubator
- Creating a 20-minute film
- Animating a short film
- Building a soothing room for students with autism spectrum disorder
- Painting a mural in a local toy store
- Developing a wireless charger
- Creating a booklet for international students
- Organizing a nonprofit organization and bringing awareness to human trafficking
- Choreographing and staging a full ballet performance
For more information about Compass, contact Compass Coordinator Dr. Ralf Borrmann.
Find out what the current Compass class is doing on their blog:
On Dec. 1, four of my classmates including myself gave a presentation in Compass Speaks.
Over the past few months, I have finalized my design using AutoCad on computer.
For the past few months I've been making ottogis.
Since the last time I have written for the blog, I have made few huge steps forward in my project.
After the Compass presentations, I remade my circuit board to add more functionality.