Science classes offer students a breadth and depth of exposure in both life and physical science.
Courses are designed to engage students of wide-ranging ability and interest and at every grade level. Each course builds a foundation of essential knowledge, but we emphasize science as a process of inquiry, facilitated by laboratory experience. We believe the goal of science instruction at the secondary level should be the development of positive attitudes and interests related to science, an ability to see the world through the lens of science, an understanding of basic concepts, and skill in critical analysis and sequential reasoning. Deep understanding is achieved by engaging prior understanding and by embracing the vital role of factual knowledge within conceptual frameworks.
2018–19 Science Department Courses
- Biotechnology (half credit/Fall & Spring)
- Cancer Immunology I
- Cancer Immunology II
- Cancer Immunology III
- Microbiology: Explore the Unseen
- CL Pathobiology of Human Disease
- Ecological Sustainability
- Honors Chemistry
- CL Advanced Topics In Chemistry
- Honors Physics
- CL Advanced Physics
- Astronomy (half credit/Fall)
- Advanced Astronomy (half credit/Spring)