ECHOs are the equivalent of college electives, offering dozens of opportunities for illuminative learning in topics as diverse as Justice, the Concept of Infinity, and Poetry in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
ECHOs are a wonderful opportunity for both students and faculty to explore academic passions outside the constructs of a traditional class. These modules include guest speakers, unique travel experiences and hands-on experiential opportunities.
- Michael Bonomo, ECHO Program Coordinator
2019–20 ECHO Modules
View our complete 2019-20 ECHO module offerings.
- A Study of Sherlock Holmes
- Act Without Words
- An Introduction to Chinese Culture: When "Hello!" Meets "Ni hao!"
- Canton to Cleveland: Pro Football and the Cleveland Browns
- Dance Composition and Choreography
- Digital Driver's License: Building a Technology Foundation with the IC3 Certification
- Exercise Physiology: An Investigation into Nutrition, Body composition, Anatomy and Training Practices for Athletes
- Forensic Science Technology
- Going Global: Global goals and Local Action
- Ice Cream: History, Production and marketing: The Ice Cream Industry
- Introduction to Stage Combat
- Loving Landscape Painting with Bob Ross: Experiencing the Nature Genre
- Neuroscience and the Adolescent Brain: Why Do You Sometimes Feel Like Your Brain Is A Mess? Your Neurons Are Being Destroyed!
- News and Social Media
- "Our School": WRA's Version of Thornton Wilder's "Our Town"
- Racism in Sports
- The Appalachian Trail Experience
- The Birds and the Bees: Building support for Pollinators and Native Species of Northeast Ohio
- This Old Pond: A Deeper Look into Life of the Hockey Pond
- Women in Business
- Ballroom Dancing
- Boys in the Boat
- Exploring the Harlem Renaissance