A year concludes and bright futures begin
Western Reserve Academy will host its 184th Commencement on Sunday, May 26, 2019. Our ceremony will begin at 10:30 a.m. on the Chapel Lawn.
We look forward to celebrating the Class of 2019 and welcoming them as alumni.
- What is the student attire at year-end events?
- Are tickets required and is there a limit to how many guests can attend?
- Is there reserved seating for Commencement?
- Will professional pictures be available for purchase?
- My brother and I graduated from WRA, may we present the diploma to my child?
- What about parking?
- Is there a lost-and-found on campus?
- What happens if it rains?
- Where are the restrooms located?
We have hired a photographer and videographer for Commencement. Photographs will be available for purchase online from LifeTouch. Please contact A.J. Stokes regarding the Commencement video. The order form for the Commencement video is available here.
If a family member is a WRA alumnus and will be attending Commencement, they are welcome to accompany a graduate on stage to award the diploma. Please email Tracy Schooner with their name and family relation as soon as possible.
Family and guests are encouraged to park off Chapel Street on the lawn as well as at the Murdough Athletic Center. Parking attendants will direct traffic and parking. College Street, between Baldwin and Hudson Street will be closed. Parking is not permitted on Brick Row. Handicapped parking will be available on College Street.
- University of Akron President Matthew J. Wilson selected as the 2018 Commencement Speaker
- Seniors Francisco Blanco and Charlie Kolodziej to speak at Commencement Weekend
- Western Reserve Academy holds 183rd Commencement
- Western Reserve Academy graduates 101 seniors
Commencement 2018 Photo Slideshow
Senior Celebration Photo Slideshow
Class of 2018 Facts
- 100 percent of 101 graduates will matriculate to four-year colleges and universities
- 80 percent of graduates accepted to institutions deemed "Most Selective" or "Highly Selective" by Barron's
- 6 graduates will attend Ivy League schools
- 10 graduates will attend an international school
- $7.6 million in merit scholarships received
- View the full 2018 matriculation and accomplishments list here
- Head of School Commencement Address
- Jude Kearney '76 announced as the 2017 Commencement Speaker — read the full article.
- Seniors Danny Mylott and Joey Randazzo are this year's Commencement Weekend speakers — read the full article.
- Western Reserve Academy graduates the Class of 2017 — read the full article.