The Parents' Fund
Parent participation is vital.
Making a gift to The WRA Fund is a sign of confidence in our school. Please know that every dollar contributed to the Fund will immediately and positively impact the experience for every student.
Over the past few years, WRA parents have built a foundation of loyal participation. Our goal to improve upon our past success by achieving a participation rate of 100% for The Parents' Fund every year.
- Why parent participation is important
- What is the WRA Fund?
- What is collective impact?
- Interested in volunteering for the WRA Parents' Fund?
Making a gift to The WRA Fund is a sign of trust in the Academy and conveys enthusiasm. Please know that every dollar contributed to the Fund will immediately and positively impact the future successes and experiences of all of our children. One way for parents to demonstrate the depth of our commitment to our children’s educations at WRA is to increase the percentage of parent participation in The WRA Parents' Fund.
Over the past few years, WRA parents have built a foundation of loyal participation and it is our goal to improve upon our past success by achieving a participation rate of 100% for the 2016-17 Parents' Fund.
The WRA Fund accounts for 9% of Western Reserve Academy’s operating budget, an amount that has a huge impact on the quality of education that our children receive. Please consider the significance of your support of WRA through participation in the 2017-18 WRA Parents' Fund. Your commitment makes a difference and will help sustain the roots and values that have defined the Western Reserve Academy education since 1826. We thank you for all that you do as WRA parents.
The WRA Fund is a tax-deductible opportunity to support the school. The WRA Fund supports the school’s current-year operating expenses, more importantly, these gifts help enhance the day-to-day life of every student and faculty member by supporting a variety of programs in areas including academics, the visual and performing arts, athletics, college guidance, faculty development, financial aid, and technology.
WRA is a non-profit organization that operates without financial support from local or federal taxes. It relies on income from tuition, The WRA Fund, and the endowment to exist. In fact, tuition generates approximately 66% of the funds to support the cost of educating a WRA student. Donations to The WRA Fund bridge the gap between what tuition costs and the annual cost of running the school.
- 50 gifts of $10 provide our Fine & Performing Arts Department with props for theatrical performances.
- Six gifts of $100 can offer a Robotics course with two Lego Mindstorms to be controlled using programmable microprocessor.
- One gift of $350 enables a faculty member to attend a seminar for a day, helping keep professional development a priority.
- Ten gifts of $500 provide an athletic team with new uniforms.
- One gift of $2,500 brings an author or speaker to visit WRA, helping enhance curriculum and create unique learning experiences.
- Four gifts of $10,000 provide the entire school with internet access for one year, creating extensive learning opportunities for faculty and students.
- Three gifts of $25,000 allow us to retain a master faculty member, ensuring our students are being taught by highly respected teachers.
- One gift of $50,000 bridges the gap between tuition and the cost of educating nearly ten promising students.