Head of School Search
After nearly two centuries of excellence and on the heels of a decade of transformation, Western Reserve Academy moves toward the future in a position of strength.
Named one of the country's top 15 boarding schools and the best private school in Ohio, Reserve sits on the cutting edge of a classical education. Our independent curriculum and Wang Innovation Center have been lauded by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and our loyal community has enabled the completion of an ambitious $80 million Campaign for Excellence & Access. Noted for its idyllic setting in historic Hudson, Ohio, WRA was recently named the most beautiful private school in Ohio by Architectural Digest.
The school's rich history, warm and supportive community, beauty and bold innovations are the backdrop against which we seek our next Head of School. We will use this page to update the WRA community on our search.
Updates from the Search Committee
- Search Committee formed representing Board of Trustees, Faculty, Parent and Alumni communities
- RG175 retained as search firm
- Search firm on campus to meet executive team, faculty, staff and WRA Community
- Who is leading the search?
- Who are the Committee Members?
- What Role does the Board of Trustees Have in the Search?
- Has a Search Firm Partner Been Selected?
- How will the committee update the WRA Community
- How can the school community be involved in the search process?
- Andrew Midler '79 (Co-Chair), Co-President WRA Board of Trustees
- Timothy Warner '69 (Co-Chair), Co-President WRA Board of Trustees
- Robert Michael '60 (Co-Chair), Trustee
- Stephan Cole '66, Vice President WRA Board of Trustees
- John Fowler '67, Treasurer WRA Board of Trustees
- Marty Franks '68, Trustee
- Nathaniel Leonard '82, Trustee
- Cecily Maguire '78, Trustee
- Anne Cacioppo Manganaro '75, Trustee
- Terry Squire, Trustee
- Katie Bonomo, Faculty
- Dr. Beth Pethel, Faculty
- Kim Barsella '84, Alumna, Parent Trustee
- Dr. Priya Maseelall '92, Alumna
Yes, the Search Committee will work with search firm RG175, a consulting firm that specializes in Head of School searches. RG175 partners Bob Henderson, Tom Olverson and John Farber will be dedicated to helping us find Reserve's next Head of School.