Teaching at WRA
The heart and soul of the academic program.
Western Reserve Academy’s faculty are talented, dedicated teachers who are fully engaged in boarding school life. Committed to excellence in and out of the classroom, our faculty educate, motivate and guide our students, as well as explore new ways to engage and teach through professional development and collaboration with colleagues.
In recognition of their dedication and excellence, the school offers faculty outstanding benefits. But the best reward for teaching at WRA is the opportunity to engage in a warm community of bright colleagues and students.
FACULTY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
WRA strives to find the right balance of duties and responsibilities for each faculty member. Typical expectations:
- Teach five courses, levels to be determined by individual strengths and the needs of the department.
- Participate in the student life program, including dormitory duty.
- Engage in afternoon programs/athletics and weekend activities.
- Serve as an academic advisor for a small group of students.
- Attend school and faculty gatherings.
- Serve on appropriate committees.
Western Reserve Academy’s faculty benefits include the following:
- Competitive salaries.
- On-campus housing. Those who qualify to live in a faculty residence attached to a dormitory do not pay for utilities, cable television or Internet service, and, additionally they receive a monthly stipend dependent on dormitory responsibilities.
- Excellent medical and dental benefits.
- Exceptional contributions to TIAA-CREF’s retirement program. Currently, WRA contributes 10 percent of the faculty member's salary to the program.
- A laptop computer provided for duration of employment, with planned updates from our Technology Office.
- Three meals a day offered to faculty. Families are welcome.
- Use of state-of-the-art athletic facilities, including an indoor track in the field house and a health club-style weight room.
- Tuition remission for qualified faculty children.
- Full-year sabbatical program.
- Moving allowance.