From 1826 to today.
Western Reserve Academy remains steadfast in our dedication to access. This means access to ongoing training and professional development for faculty and staff, as well as engaging students in meaningful discourse around diversity and social justice. By embracing the idea that DEIB work is a journey rather than a destination, we strive to cultivate an atmosphere of understanding, respect and empathy, ensuring that every member of our community feels valued and supported on their unique path toward a more equitable future.
- ESTABLISHED WRA'S DEIB OFFICE
- ORGANIZED DEIB STUDENT ORIENTATION AND FACULTY PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Enhanced WRA Affinity and Identity-Based Groups
- INCREASED DIVERSITY IN FACULTY, STAFF AND TRUSTEES
- DEVELOPED SYSTEM FOR REPORTING BIAS INCIDENTS
- LED IN PROFESSIONAL LEARNING & INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
- increased opportunities for professional development
- ESTABLISHED TASKFORCE ON CIVIL DISCOURSE
- PARTNERED WITH HUDSON COMMUNITY & BEYOND
- INTRODUCED MLK WEEK & FOCUSED ON CELEBRATING HERITAGE MONTHS