Annual Fund Message
WRA students say, "Thank you!"
I am pleased to announce that the Western Reserve Academy 2011-12 Annual Fund closed with our most robust year ever at $2,103,406. Surpassing the $2 million mark is a significant milestone in the history of WRA - it's the first time ever.
Annual Fund Highlights:
- The number of alumni who made a gift increased a full percentage point over last year (which was quite a feat).
- Current parent participation increased 10 percent.
- Faculty and staff increased their giving significantly, with nearly $10,000 more than last year.
- An anonymous Trustee and their spouse challenged our Board of Trustees to a $25,000 dollar-for-dollar match during the last week of our Fund.
- The "Drive for Five" helped increase our young alumni giving from 10 percent participation to 15.5 percent.
These all represent conclusive evidence of just how supportive and loyal our WRA community is. We appreciate your confidence and trust! Now we turn our attention to the 2012-13 Annual Fund. Let's continue to build upon this great momentum.
Thank you for your role in helping make this bold achievement possible!
Christopher D. Burner '80 Head of School