WRA graduates can think critically, act responsibly and communicate articulately and persuasively. WRA offers a transformational learning experience, in which students are able to pursue far-reaching academic and personal goals. WRA students test and exceed their boundaries, all while leading fulfilling, purposeful lives.
The academic program at WRA offers an exceptional college preparatory education, giving its students a strong foundation in the arts, humanities, natural sciences and social sciences. Drawing on a comprehensive and rigorous curriculum, WRA’s program gives its students the academic experience and tools they need to succeed in the classroom and beyond, while seeking to foster in them intellectual curiosity and a lifelong love of learning. The faculty at WRA employ a variety of teaching styles, helping students to recognize their strengths and overcome their weaknesses. By the end of their senior year, WRA students are able to engage in intellectual debate with their peers; analyze and synthesize data to support an argument or thesis; use language to express themselves with lucidity and conviction; and pursue independent research, using both primary and secondary sources.
- Liberal Arts Education: WRA offers a solid foundation in all academic disciplines.
- Student Advisory Program: WRA designs a tailored educational approach for each student according to his or her needs and goals.
- Partnership Opportunities: Students benefit from specialized partnerships with corporations and organizations to learn practical applications to their research and studies. For example, several students are selected each year to participate in the WRA Cleveland Clinic Molecular Research Internship. The internship is a for-credit course designed to expose students to a hands-on research experience in a state-of -the-art National Institute of Health-funded laboratory.
- ELISA Program: This is a fully funded, summer study-abroad program for students to sharpen their foreign language skills and cultural awareness in countries such as Costa Rica, France, Italy and Germany.
- Our TEAMS (Tests of Engineering, Aptitude, Mathematics and Science) is top-ranked in the state and the nation.
- Senior Thesis: Students begin to bridge the gap to college by researching and developing an original argument in an advanced-level, full-length essay.