Exceptional faculty and staff underpin every great moment at Western Reserve Academy. WRA, a non-sectarian, independent college preparatory boarding school, works diligently to attract and retain the finest faculty and staff by offering competitive salaries and exceptional benefits.
Current Administrative Openings:
Director of Programs
As a member of the administrative team, the Director of Programs is responsible for all non-traditional internal and external programs of Western Reserve Academy. The Director is responsible for the development and oversight of sustainable and income generating programs on campus.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee the development and implementation of programs that fall outside of the traditional academic structure and/or calendar.
- Appoint and supervise all personnel related to the delivery of these programs.
- In consultation with the Assistant Head of School, leverage the intellectual capital of the Academy in the development and delivery of academic programs that will support students from not only WRA but also other schools and areas.
- In consultation with the Dean of Students, develop and deliver quality weekend activities to resident students throughout the academic year that will enhance the boarding experience for students.
- In consultation with the Chief Financial Officer, prepare on-going analysis to ensure financial sustainability and revenue growth from the delivery of programs and the rental of campus facilities.
- In consultation with the Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, work to bring top quality local, regional and international students to the WRA campus.
- In consultation with the Director of Facilities and the Director of Athletics, manage all outside group rentals of campus facilities and fields ensuring that scheduling conflicts do not arise, groups are consistent with the mission of WRA and that any direct or indirect costs of facility rentals are recouped as well as generating addition profit for the Academy.
- Coordinate programming efforts with the “Beyond Reserve” initiative.
- Ensure all contractual obligations including risk management and liability waivers are in place for all programs.
- Manage overall program budget and reconcile individual programs with the Business Office on a regular basis.
- Maintain database for registration and billing of all programs and rentals.
- Duties consistent with campus residents including, dorm duty and participation in “sit down” meals.
Competencies and Essential Functions:
- Demonstrated experience and exceptional abilities in developing and delivering financially sustainable programs for high school aged children.
- High level of integrity, a strong work ethic, a sense of urgency, and a results driven orientation.
- An open and collaborative management style with exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to accept direction from and meet the needs of various executive level administrators.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make informed and timely decisions.
- A self-starter and multi-tasker who attends to details and meets deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Current Faculty Openings:
Current Staff Openings: